Thursday 21 March 2013

Lake Constance to meet a carpenter

Ili and I headed out of town to meet a carpenter this morning on the shores on Lake Constance (as you do). After balking at the prices for furniture Zurich, and some internet searching, I think we struck lucky with our find in Arbon today. Not so lucky on the return journey however, as our train collided with a car and we were stuck motionless for an hour. Even so, I still love train travel, and it reminded me of all the hours I spent with Bea on the train from here to London via Paris and back. Memories to treasure. Lake Constance was pretty (when the sun popped out), although when arriving on the shore, Ili was very disappointed: "Where has all the sand gone!" she said of the cobbled beach. Bea was with a friend for lunch, and they played footie and picnicked with pizza.






No comments:

Post a Comment